Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Greater Miami SHRM.
- Our membership is a rolling year from the time you signed up. You are welcome to join our Chapter at any time. Additionally, we will work with individuals to match their SHRM rolling membership to ours, to the best of our ability.
- Membership in the Chapter is held in the individual's name, not the organization with which the member is affiliated.
- Membership is neither transferable nor assignable.
- There shall be no discrimination in individual memberships because of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other legally protected class.
GREATER MIAMI SHRM IS PROUD TO BE A 100% CHAPTER OF SHRM NATIONAL
This means that all GMSHRM chapter members are required to members in good standing of SHRM. Currently, the annual dues for SHRM are $209 per year; first-time members may receive a $15 discount by using Code 0118 when applying. Be sure to designate GMSHRM (Chapter 38) as your chapter.
TO APPLY FOR GREATER MIAMI SHRM MEMBERSHIP, COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- If you are not a current member of SHRM, apply or renew online at http://www.shrm.org. You will be provided with a SHRM ID number. Be sure to designate GMSHRM (Chapter 38) as your chapter.
- Join GMSHRM by clicking below on the type of membership for which you qualify and proceed with the registration process. Please fill out the online application form as completely as possible.
- Your application will be reviewed for approval by the GMSHRM Board of Directors at their next scheduled meeting.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP ($50)
Professional membership is available to individuals who are engaged as one of the following:
- Bona fide HR management at an exempt level for a minimum of 3 years and who devote at least 50% of their time to human resources related functions;
- Faculty members holding an assistant, associate or full professor rank in HR management or any of its specialized functions at an accredited college or university and have a minimum of 3 years' experience at this level of teaching;
- Full-time consultants currently engaged in the field of HR with a minimum of 3 years' experience in the field of HR management; or
- Full-time attorneys with at least 3 years' experience in counseling and advising clients on matters related to human resources.
Professional members may vote and hold office in the Chapter. A valid SHRM ID number is required.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP ($50)
Associate membership is available to individuals in non-exempt HR management positions and to those who do not meet the qualifications of professional membership but can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the chapter a bona fide interest in HR management and the purposes of the chapter.
Associate members have no vote nor hold office in the Chapter; however, they may serve as a member or chairperson to any committee. A valid SHRM ID number is required.
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP ($5)
Student membership is limited to individuals who are actively enrolled in a degree-seeking program, taking at least six (6) credit hours per semester (or during a 15-week equivalency), and whose coursework supports an interest in Human Resource Management or related degree program.
Existing Professional members are not eligible to downgrade to student membership.
Student members may not vote nor hold office in the Chapter. A valid SHRM ID number is required (SHRM currently offers a student membership at $50 per year).
Other Membership Categories
On occasion, the GMSHRM Board of Governors may confer an honorary classification of membership to recognize members who have distinguished themselves in some way. If you would like to be considered for one of these membership categories, please contact the VP of Membership at email@example.com.
- RETIRED LIFE MEMBERSHIP may be approved for individuals sixty (60) years of age or older who have held professional membership on a continuous basis for a minimum of ten (10) years and who have retired.
- LIFE MEMBERSHIP may be approved for individuals who have held professional membership on a continuous basis for a minimum of ten (10) years and who have distinguished themselves so as to warrant recognition.
- SPECIAL EXPERTISE MEMBERSHIP may be approved for individuals whose unique expertise, credentials and experiences are determined by the Board of Governors. Special Expertise members shall become members only upon invitation by the Board.
- HONORARY MEMBERSHIP may be conferred upon those individuals deemed to be outstanding in the field of human resource management, operations or research. Honorary members shall become members only upon invitation by the Board.
Members In Transition
GMSHRM is here to help you and provides a ONE-TIME membership renewal at no cost to active members who are unemployed.
Click Here for more information on GMSHRM's policy for members in transition.
Click Here for SHRM's policy for members in transition.
Click Here TO SEE THE MANY BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Click Here If you are a current member and you are looking to RENEW.